QUICKBOOKS FOR MAC - DIRECT CONNECT
QuickBooks for Mac - Direct Connect
After your account has transitioned to Simmons Bank, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
To complete these instructions, you will need your online banking ID and password for Simmons Bank online banking. You will need to have already logged into your online banking at www.simmonsbank.com to choose your permanent password and security settings.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may not function properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Determine Your Connection Type
To ensure these are the correct instructions for your QuickBooks setup, verify you are set up as Direct Connect. To do this, choose your account on the left, click your Settings button on the right at the bottom, and your connection type will be listed at the bottom. You may need to scroll down to see it. If this does not say Direct Connect, please locate the correct instructions for that connection type on our website at www.simmonsbank.com/intuit.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose the Help menu and use the Search bar available at the top. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions on screen. The first time you do a backup, QuickBooks will guide you through setting backup preferences.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu and use the Search bar available at the top. Search for Update QuickBooks, select Check for QuickBooks Updates and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Deactivate Your Account(s) At Your Previous Bank
All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to the deactivating of your account(s).
- Choose Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Choose Edit menu > Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window, click the Online Settings button.
- In the Online Account Information window, choose Not Enabled from the Download Transaction list and click Save.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account to be deactivated.
Task 3: Re-activate Your Account(s) at Simmons Bank.
- Choose Banking menu > Online Banking Setup.
- Enter, then select Simmons Bank from the Financial Institution list. Click Next.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard. If prompted for connectivity type, select Direct Connect.
- The Online Banking Assistant window displays during setup. Select Yes, my account has been activated for QuickBooks online services, then click Next.
- Enter credentials and click Sign In.
- For each account you wish to download into QuickBooks, click Select an Account to connect to the appropriate existing account register.
Do NOT select “New” under the action column.
- Click Next, then Done.
- Add or match all downloaded transactions in the Downloaded Transactions window.
- Repeat steps 1 – 8 for each account at Simmons Bank.
Task 4: Recreate Online Payments
If you do not use Bill Pay within QuickBooks, your conversion is complete. If you use online bill payments from within QuickBooks, you will now want to recreate your online bill payments. For assistance in recreating payments, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Pay a Vendor Online and follow the instructions.
Thank you for making these important changes!