QUICKBOOKS FOR MAC - WEB CONNECT
QuickBooks for Mac - Web Connect
After your account has transitioned to Simmons Bank, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
To complete these instructions, you will need your online banking ID and password for Simmons Bank online banking. You will need to have already logged into your online banking at www.simmonsbank.com to choose your permanent password and security settings.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may not function properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Determine Your Connection Type
To ensure these are the correct instructions for your QuickBooks setup, verify you are set up as Web Connect. To do this, choose your account on the left, click your Settings button on the right at the bottom, and your connection type will be listed at the bottom. You may need to scroll down to see it. If this does not say Web Connect, please locate the correct instructions for that connection type on our website at www.simmonsbank.com/intuit.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose the Help menu and use the Search bar available at the top. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions on screen. The first time you do a backup, QuickBooks will guide you through setting backup preferences.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu and use the Search bar available at the top. Search for Update QuickBooks, select Check for QuickBooks Updates and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Deactivate Your Account(s) At Your Previous Bank
All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to the deactivating of your account(s).
- Choose Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Choose Edit menu > Edit Account.
- In the Edit Account window, click the Online Settings button.
- In the Online Account Information window, choose Not Enabled from the Download Transaction list and click Save.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account to be deactivated.
Task 3: Re-activate Your Account(s) at Simmons Bank.
- Log in to Simmons Bank and download your QuickBooks Web Connect File by choosing the Download Transactions option in the drop-down menu next to your account(s).
Take note of the date you last had a successful connection. If you have overlapping dates in the web-connect process, you may end up with duplicate transactions.
- In QuickBooks, click File > Import > From Web Connect.
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Web Connect.
- The Account Association window displays during setup. For each account you wish to download into QuickBooks, click Select an Account to choose the appropriate existing account register.
Do NOT select “New” under the action column.
- Click Continue.
- Click OK to any informational prompts.
- Add or match all downloaded transactions in the Downloaded Transactions window.
- Repeat steps 1 – 7 for each account at Simmons Bank.
Thank you for making these important changes!