QUICKBOOKS FOR WINDOWS - DIRECT CONNECT
QuickBooks for Windows - Direct Connect
After your account has transitioned to Simmons Bank, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
To complete these instructions, you will need your online banking ID and password for Simmons Bank online banking. You will need to have already logged into your online banking at www.simmonsbank.com to choose your permanent password and security settings.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may not function properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Determine Your Connection Type
- Right Click on your account in the accounts listing page
- Left Click on Edit Account
- In the window that appears, click on Bank Feed Settings
- In the Online Setup Section for your account, your connection method will be listed.
- If the method is Direct Connect, these are the correct instructions. If it does not say Direct Connect, please locate the instructions for your connection type at www.simmonsbank.com/intuit.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
If multiple computers do not use the same QuickBooks data file, skip step 3. QuickBooks activities such as Online Banking cannot be performed in multi-user mode because of the way the activities interact with a company data file.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
If you are not using Classic Mode (Register Mode), enable it for the conversion. You can change it back after the conversion is complete.
- Enable Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- For instructions to enable Classic Mode (Register Mode), choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, select Bank Feeds Modes overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Deactivate Your Account(s) at Your Previous Bank
All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your account(s).
- Choose the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit menu > Edit Account.
- Click on the Bank Feed Settings tab in the Edit Account window.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services and click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account.
Task 3: Re-activate Your Account(s) at Simmons Bank.
- Choose Banking menu > Bank Feeds > Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- Enter, then select Simmons Bank. Click Next.
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Direct Connect.
- Link your bank accounts with the existing QuickBooks accounts and click Connect.
Task 4: Re-enable Express mode (if necessary)
If you prefer Classic Mode (Register Mode), you are finished with your conversion. If you use the Express Mode for online banking, you may now re-enable the mode.
Task 5: Recreate Online Payments
If you do not use Bill Pay within QuickBooks, your conversion is complete. If you use online bill payments from within QuickBooks, you will now want to recreate your online bill payments. For assistance in recreating payments, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Pay a Vendor Online and follow the instructions.
For instructions to enable Express Mode, choose Help > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, then select Bank Feed Modes overview, and follow the instructions.
Thank you for making these important changes!