QUICKBOOKS FOR WINDOWS - WEB CONNECT
QuickBooks for Windows - Web Connect
After your account has transitioned to Simmons Bank, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
To complete these instructions, you will need your online banking ID and password for Simmons Bank online banking. You will need to have already logged into your online banking at www.simmonsbank.com to choose your permanent password and security settings.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may not function properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Determine Your Connection Type
- Right Click on your account in the accounts listing page
- Left Click on Edit Account
- In the window that appears, click on Bank Feed Settings
- In the Online Setup Section for your account, your connection method will be listed.
- If the method is Web Connect, these are the correct instructions. If it does not say Web connect, please locate the instructions for your connection type at www.simmonsbank.com/intuit.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
If multiple computers do not use the same QuickBooks data file, skip step 3. QuickBooks activities such as Online Banking cannot be performed in multi-user mode because of the way the activities interact with a company data file.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
If you are not using Register Mode, enable it for the conversion. You can change it back after the conversion is complete.
- Enable Classic Mode (Register Mode).
- For instructions to enable Classic Mode (Register Mode), choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, select Bank Feeds Modes overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Deactivate Your Account(s) at Your Previous Bank
All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your account(s).
- Choose the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit menu > Edit Account.
- Click on the Bank Feeds tab in the Edit Account window.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services and click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account.
Task 3: Re-activate Your Account(s) at Simmons Bank.
- Log in to Simmons Bank and download your QuickBooks Web Connect file.
- Click File > Utilities > Import > Web Connect Files.
Take note of the date you last had a successful connection. If you have overlapping dates in the web-connect process, you may end up with duplicate transactions.
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Web Connect.
- Click the Import new transactions now radio button, then click OK.
If you previously removed the check from the “Always give me the option of saving to a file...” option, then this dialog will not display.
- In the Select Bank Account dialog, click Use an existing QuickBooks account.
- In the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account, and click Continue.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking OK.
- Repeat steps 1 - 7 for each account that you previously disabled.
Verify that all transactions downloaded successfully into your account registers.
Task 4: Re-enable Express mode (if necessary)
If you prefer Classic Mode (Register Mode), you are finished with your conversion. If you use the Express Mode for online banking, you may now re-enable the mode.
For instructions to enable Express Mode, choose Help > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, then select Bank Feed Modes overview, and follow the instructions.
Thank you for making these important changes!