QUICKEN FOR WINDOWS – WEB CONNECT - CONVERSION INSTRUCTIONS
Quicken for Windows - Web Connect
After your account has transitioned to Simmons Bank, you will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
To complete these instructions, you will need your online banking ID and password for Simmons Bank online banking. You will need to have already logged into your online banking at www.simmonsbank.com to choose your permanent password and security settings.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Determine Your Connection Type
To ensure these are the correct instructions for your Quicken setup, verify you are set up as Web Connect. To do this, Right Click on your account (in the accounts listing page) and Left Click on Edit/Delete account. In the window that appears, you should have several tabs. Left Click on the Online Services tab. In the Online Setup Section for your account, the connection method listed will correspond to the set of instructions that apply to you. If this does not say Web Connect, please locate the correct instructions for your connection type on our website at www.simmonsbank.com/intuit.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Backing Up Your Data and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Update Software and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Deactivate Accounts From Your Previous Bank
All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to the deactivating of your account(s).
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button of the account you want to deactivate.
- In the Account Details dialog, click on the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
- Click on the General tab.
- Remove the financial institution name and account number. Click OK to close the window.
- Repeat steps for each account you wish to deactivate.
Task 3: Reactivate Accounts at Simmons Bank
Take note of the date you last had a successful connection in your Quicken account. If you have overlapping dates in the Web Connect download, you may end up with duplicate transactions.
- Download your Quicken Web Connect file from Simmons Bank
- Click File > File Import > Web Connect File. Locate and select the Web Connect file to import.
- Import Downloaded Transactions window opens: Select Link to an existing account and choose the matching account in the drop-down menu. Associate the imported transactions to the correct account listed in Quicken.
Do NOT select Create a new account unless you intend to add a new account to Quicken. If you are presented with accounts you do not want to track in this data file, select Ignore – Don’t Download into Quicken or click the Cancel button.
- Repeat steps for each account you wish to reactivate in Quicken.
Thank you for making these important changes!